Saturday 8 May 2010

Fleur's Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swirl

It's 5am here and I woke up hungry and excited because it's my birthday! So a quick post until I'm tired enough to go back to sleep. Last night I had a go at making Fleur's recipe for a Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swirl (you can find it here)

Any excuse to put on one of my vintage aprons - I inherited them from my sister in law, originally to use in a burlesque act, but I wear them more in the kitchen than on stage now. They're not particularly old but I love them!





The recipe didn't quite go according to plan... I decided that instead of making a tray of it, to then divide into little squares, that I wanted to make individual ones in silicone cupcake moulds. However, because the little moulds are small there's not enough space to get the marbled effect drawing the skewer through the mixture, and I think the dark chocolate was too hot as well and it sort of just sat on the surface of the white chocolate and peanut butter mixture I'd poured in first.



I made such a mess in the kitchen too and only realised on a trip to the bathroom that I had a huge streak of dark chocolate on my cheek! Anyway, the end product has turned out to be what resembles Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! I did make a small tray of the mixture too and that has cut up nicely into squares and marbled quite well, so it wasn't a completely wasted exercise.



I think the moral of the story is that this recipe is meant to be in a tray, not cupcake moulds. Right, I'm tired enough to go back to sleep for a couple of hours now, a big day tomorrow with a girly day trip to 1940s Swansea Bay, afternoon tea, a Hatter's themed party in the evening and the Blind Lemon Vintage Fashion Fair on Sunday here in Cardiff. Will post some pictures of these adventures in the week.

Night night!

1 comment:

  1. Both your aprons are very sweet! I love the look of those Chocolate and Peanut Butter swirls love divine too. Thanks for sharing. xx Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...