Friday 11 January 2013

A New Hat!

I bought a new hat, newsboy cap style, from Village Hats as recommended by Bruce at Eclectic Ephemera.  I'd been hankering after one for some time, as my other half wears one and only occasionally lets me steal it, and always insists I return it.

I went for the Jaxon herringbone newsboy cap in brown, and at 20% off the already obscenely cheap £12.95, with free delivery, I wasn't sure what kind of quality to expect.

The cap arrives with a poker-straight brim, and I actually removed the inner shaping card from the top portion and rolled the brim slightly to make it more flattering - sharp angles don't suit me in the hat department.  I'm very pleased with it, the quality is far above the price bracket, and I am hoping I will get a lot of use out of it.  Here is the hat on its first outing, to the local car boot sale.




1960s Harella jacket

What do you think?  I was slightly concerned I was going to look like a whippet racing fan, but I think paired with my 1960's Harella jacket and Bernie Dexter jeans it's not so bad!



12 comments:

  1. I love it! I can see it paired with loose trousers, oversized shirt and a waistcoat too. I might have to make a purchase! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear I hope I haven't set bloggers off on a spending spree hat-buying.... but then again, the world needs more hats!!

      Delete
  2. It really suits you, and looks great with your jacket. (I bought a hat from Village Hats too after Bruce recommended them - they should pay him commission!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am very pleased with it! I'd like to see a pic of your hat too!

      Delete
  3. I love it I'm a big fan of this style of hat! Thank you for your comment on my blog the boots came from Office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too - especially as I saw Mr Selfridge wearing one identical in the first episode!!

      Delete
  4. It looks great, I'm so glad you like it! I've bought two Jaxon newsboys (one lightweight brown, one heavier grey) from Village Hats and have been very pleased with both of them. Maybe a third wouldn't go amiss...

    @Mim - ha ha! I've sometimes thought about taking the corporate shilling, maybe I should see what Village Hats think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for recommending them, I'm really pleased! Definitely see if you can get Village Hats to sponsor you??

      Delete
  5. That looks lovely! My husband just purchased a Baker Boy cap after much searching for one, but I shall have a look at the place you got yours from for future gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I haven't taken it off since I've bought it! Though it's very cold today so I might have to go for one of my wool cloche hats instead. Hope you get some future gift inspiration from the site!

      Delete
  6. It looks so fantastic on you! I really like that classic grey colour, you just know it will go with a myriad of outfits and never, ever loose it's timeless appeal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does go with a lot - thanks for saying it suits me, I love it!! We probably look a bit his and hers now in our hats but I don't care!

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...