Sunday 31 August 2014

Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues

I didn't get to wear these gingham pastel jeans in Cornwall as planned, because it was too darned hot, so I paired them with a pastel pink jumper and some metallic brogues to go blackberry picking, now that the weather's cooler.

Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues


Gingham jeans, Primark
Pink jumper, Benetton
Brogues, Clarks
Sunglasses, Primark


The plastic yoghurt tubs are ideal for blackberry picking - they have a handle and a lid!  We picked a whole tub's worth between us.  Another week or so and that patch will be bursting with ripeness, we'll have to go back and get some more.

Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues

Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues

Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues

Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues

Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues

Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues


Gingham, Pastels & Metallic Brogues

I loved this row of houses, each painted a different colour.  One of the owner's caught me taking the photo and I had to smile my best "I'm not planning to burgle your house" smile.

Are the blackberries ripe where you live?  Are you still wearing pastels or do you save them for Spring?


Linkups:

16 comments:

  1. I love these gingham trousers on you, so pretty. The blackberries look delicious too! I don't really wear pastels, they don't suit me so much but you look great in yours. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne - at least you look fab in neutrals though! Me less so. X

      Delete
  2. I've been picking ours for over a month, there's loads this year and early, too!
    Love your pastel outfit and that row of pretty houses. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep finding more patches of them! Going to have to start freezing them.. X

      Delete
  3. Blackberries are already edible here :) I could go pick some at my uncle's house at some point unless they already picked all of them.
    That outfit is so cute and light! I could wear pastels all through winter, but I guess I'll start wearing black more, because I finally can and it's not too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny - I kid you not, I have those exact jeans!! They've been my comfy choice for the last few weeks, but haven't got round to styling them for a blog post. Maybe I won't this year now! I love how you've paired yours with pink, it really works. Super cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those trousers are great!

    I hate picking blackberries. I get all cut up each time.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the style of your trousers - I am looking for some more casual trousers for the winter.

    They go well with your pink jumper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made apple & blackberry crumble today after all that we picked last weekend! Love your picking outfit, very chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, this is a really cute outfit - you look great....what a lovely part of the world you live in - fab scenery.. you look like you're in a fancy add campaign in the first one! x
    (Aka 'nearing fifty' av 57)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I have these jeans too, but in black: I've been looking for the blue ones for ages, but they never seem to have my size in stock! You've inspired me to get mine out this week, although I much prefer your pastel look: such a great casual look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those brogues are seriously fantastic!!! I swear, some days I want to start a petition to get Primark to hop over the pond and set up shop here in Canada, too (ditto for numerous other UK chains that we don't have in North America).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, plenty of blackberries around here too! The gingham trousers are really cute, and aren't those painted houses pretty? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gingham pants! So cute!!! They pair really nicely with the pink sweater <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your gingham trousers, gorgeous,
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...