Tuesday 9 September 2014

Clarks: 1955 and 2014!

Clarks has recreated some beautful vintage styles for the coming AW14 season, with one shoe in particular based on a 1955 style.  Look at the beautiful 'timeline' from their website.

Clarks


I think I prefer the 2007 version over the latest incarnation to be honest, I don't get on with spiky heels for everyday wear.

I do love Clarks though - their shoes are actually comfortable and come in my size!  I noticed over the last few years that lots of shops have messed with their sizing - for example, I used to be a '41' European size in New Look, which was either a 7 or 8, I forget which, but now their size 8 is a 42, and 7 is 40.  Where's my size 41 gone?!  M&S did this too, but they at least do half sizes in some styles, so I can still get a 41 as a 7.5 if I'm lucky.

So, the fact that Clarks do my size in every style gives them big points from me, even if I am a 41.5 in their styles rather than my traditional 41 that I find myself being in brands like J Shoes.  Also, have you seen how lovely their range has been in recent years?  I bought about 5 pairs of Clarks shoes over the last year - 2 pairs of 1940's style mary-janes ('Concert Ticket'), 1 pair 1950's style court shoe ('Bowes Palace'), and 2 pairs of brogues ('Coolest Fruit' and 'Hamble Oak') - and have a few more on my wish-list for the coming winter.  Here are my top picks!

Clarks

Kaz Blues in ox-blood leather, £99.99


Clarks
Carrick Tumble in red suede, £49.99

Clarks

Busby Folly in dark green, £69.99

Clarks

Blues myth in tweed combi leather, £79.99

I'm a tad disappointed they haven't released patent versions of 'Concert Ticket', because the suede versions I own are not really practical for wet weather, but I do like some of the other styles - those first boots in particular I can see being super for wet and cold weather.

Have you got your eye on any Clarks shoes?  Which are your favourites?

13 comments:

  1. Those last two pairs you posted are niiiiiice. I've been wanting a pair of tassel loafers for fall, and I just can't resist a pair of high heeled oxfords. I have to agree about the 1955 shoe their reintroducing, though - I would much rather see the thicker heel. I guess they didn't think it would appeal to a broader audience, which seems strange because they're such a "comfort" brand, at least in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, why does a comfort brand need a silly heel?! Oh well, Clarks always has a good range so there's always something that I would wear. x

      Delete
  2. Good on them, that is seriously cool. It's great to see a main stream brand intentionally looking to the past and releasing vintage appropriate styles like this.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a spurt of brands doing just that in the UK - it's great! x

      Delete
  3. GAH! WHY did they do that to the heel? It had a perfectly nice heel to start with.

    I'm fat, I don't need all that weight teetering along on a stiletto...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original heel was one of my favourite styles, I too can't see why they changed it - stilettos are rubbish for active people! x

      Delete
    2. I was in Debenhams yesterday and the choice was basically flats or stilettoes. Very annoying. Though I did covet the penny loafers.

      Delete
  4. Love those booties!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that 2007 style! I wished so much for it to stay on my darn narrow foot, but alas... It's way nicer than the new one, for sure. They've got some beautiful styles this autumn - I was also eying up the heeled brogues, but the ones I've got my eye on are sort of dark burgundy leather. Beautiful. The bow ones I rushed out to try as soon as they were in stores, but really doesn't fit at all. So sad! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clarks are beautiful, comfortable, classic shoes with a little retro feel. Love the forest green, patent leather pair you linked above. And the raspberry bow pumps are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AGREE COMPLETELY I love the 2007 version. I love when brands dig into their archives to recreate a style. Good for them for recognizing that good design doesn't always have to be new design.

    Angie from reasons to dress

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cousin has Clarks shoes and I've borrowed them from for some pictures while staying at her house. I gotta say they're the most comfortable heels ever! I wish I could buy shoes from Clarks as well, but only the largest cities here have their shops and I don't like ordering shoes from online particularly much, because I fall between 37 and 38. usually I'm 38 and some of my shoes are even 39, but when it comes to heels I'm like a 37,5 and the 38 either fits perfectly or it's way too big. I don't like returning and reordering all that much so I'd prefer buying shoes from a shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not own a single pair of Clarks, but this black beauty could be the first! What a stylish pump.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...