Friday 5 December 2014

Three New To Me Dresses!

The other day, I came home with yet more dresses.  Sigh.  Even when I'm not particularly looking, they seem to find me and hitch a lift home.

First up is this Asos midi dress (£1, car boot sale), in a lovely orange colour with black print.  If I don't wear it any other time, it could be a good Halloween dress for the office.  It has a bit of an '80s vibe on, I don't know why.

New dresses



Next is a plunging neckline dress by French Connection (£1, community shop).  I am not sure if I'm brave enough to display that much of my unimpressive decolletage, but it feels boho fabulous.

New dresses

Finally, this Simply Vera Wang dress (£2.50, community shop) is a tad big under the arms but that should be a quick fix, and it promises to be a versatile dress.  It looks great on, you probably can't tell much from the hanger shot.  A friend of mine has this exact same dress, she bought it about ten years ago from TK Maxx.

New dresses

Oh, I also came home with a new camera?!  From John Lewis though, not the car boot sale or community shop.  I've been hankering after a DSLR for a while, but in the end I've taken the advice of some professional photographer friends and bought a 'mirrorless' or 'compact system camera' instead.  I will let you see some test shots as soon as I've had a chance to practice with it (haven't taken it out of the box yet, these snaps are with my old trusty compact), but it promises great things, and maybe you won't have to suffer those dimly lit selfies anymore!

13 comments:

  1. Same here! I swear dresses just throw themselves at me when I'm out charity shopping.
    Looking forward to seeing these as outfits. A clashing vest top under that FC dress should preserve your modesty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah come on, they're begging to be taken home if they're that cheap! You're not quite in my world of spendthriftiness, so you're doing just fine ;) exciting about the new camera - I have no idea what a mirrorless camera is but it sounds very exciting. Buying my DSLR was the best thing I did this year in terms of spending money I don't have - and I'm such a pro at that that's really saying something! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your photos are always fabulous, I love how all of your posts are incredibly well put-together. I'm going to see how i get on with this new mirrorless one, and will reassess the need for a DSLR in the future! x

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel about dresses hitching rides! You do seem to find the most incredible bargains though! Also, that's so exciting about your new camera. I've been pining for a DSLR camera for almost a year now. Maybe, if I can manage to take a break from dress shopping long enough I can treat myself for by birthday or for Christmas next year. Looking forward to seeing your test shows :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dresses, and at those prices, you're not breaking the bank, are you? The orange and black print is lovely. Hope you get the new camera figured out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly like some kind of SPORT, seeing how many dresses I can get for under a fiver! I'm going to need to go to Charity Shoppers Anonymous soon, my wardrobe doesn't really have much capacity for future purchases...

      Delete
  5. When you talk about these car boot sales, for some reason, the picture that pops into my head is something like a drug deal, or someone selling bootleg DVDs from their trunks. Furtively exchanging money for dresses when your heads swivel around, looking out for cops. Maybe someone gets gunned down for wearing a wire. I DON'T EVEN KNOW.
    But, uh, yeah, I definitely find myself with bags from stores in my hands and no idea how they got there. Glad I'm not the only one. That Vera Wang dress does look like it'll be really cute on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's EXACTLY like that, how did you know?!

      Delete
  6. What beautiful bargains! I love the french connection one, but i agree with you, that is quite a plunge!! Have fun getting to grips with the new camera - looking forward to the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly indecent, I might even sew a panel across it!!

      Delete
  7. Bargains! I bought my camera from Very.co.uk interest free for a year and spread the cost. Never would have been able to get one otherwise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a really good idea for spreading the cost, I didn't know you could do that!!

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...