Tuesday 16 December 2014

Working Wardrobe 8th December

We've had a cold snap this last week, so I've been reaching for cosy fabrics.  No suede shoes for work either, as there has been a lot of driving rain, so it's been boots all the way.

This week I only have three work outfits to share, as I didn't get around to photographing one of them, but as a bonus outfit I'm sharing what I wore to my yoga class Christmas party.

Working wardrobe 8th December



Monday: Jumper dress, Jaeger via outlet.  Boots, Jones the Bootmaker.
Tuesday: Dress, Next via car boot sale.  F&F boots, via car boot sale.  Floral print tights, Primark.
Wednesday: Not photographed.
Thursday: Italian mohair dress, charity shop.  Boots, J Shoes.
Friday: Yoga party!  Dress, Promod.  Necklace, old.  Sparkly star tights, M&S outlet.  Shoes, Clarks via Ebay.


Working wardrobe 8th December
You can see the sparkly nature of the tights much better in this photo - an M&S outlet bargain.

We went to the local rugby club for the Christmas party.  For international readers, I'll explain that it's not where people play rugby, it's the 'clubhouse' where the players drink afterwards, often in a pub type building away from the playing fields.  The bars are generally very cheap, and the clubs serve as party venues for the community, hosting anything from birthdays to weddings.  This particular rugby club has benefited from some funding, and was the poshest one I've ever been to, all modern and swish.  The food was excellent and the booze indeed cheap!

I don't know the other people from the class very well, but I forced myself to go as one of those "it will be good for you" things to do, to stop me becoming a hermit.  I've only been living in the area for a year so it's good to meet more local people, and they really are a nice bunch.

Have you been to any Christmas parties this year with social clubs you belong to?




12 comments:

  1. I'd have to belong to clubs to go to parties for their members... heh! I'm loving those sparkly tights... and I never think of wearing boots at work, although I *walk* to work in them so I'm not sure why not! They can clearly still make for smart outfits, as you're demonstrating. And I did buy some lovely ones recently... hmm... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try really hard not to wear boots to work, as I do feel a bit less smart, but sometimes the weather forces me to! I just bought another pair off Ebay that will be smart enough for work, black knee high ones with a mid heel. Let's see yours soon! X

      Delete
  2. It's been raining kitties and puppies like mad here for the past few days away, which is rather uncharacteristic for this time of year and has washed away nearly all of the snow we'd accumulated before it began. At this rate I'm genuinely starting to think we might be in for a green Christmas, which would be the first in a good long time (if memory serves me right).

    Great outfits! I especially like your necklace and tights in the last one (are those dots or tiny stars? Either way - adore!).

    ♥ Jessica

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're little stars! So festive. We usually get a bit of a wet Christmas, looks like it will be no different this year...

      Delete
  3. GOOD FOR YOU for forcing yourself to go to that Christmas party. Ugh, when it is cold and raining outside I usually look for every single excuse to bypass being social. But it is wrong, once you're there you have a good time....well at least I hope you did. you looked fabulous anyway and I really love those tights.

    P.S. best hair ever.

    and thank you for linking up.

    Angie from reasons to dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, when the weather's rubbish it's even harder! I am hoping that it will get easier over time too, best to make the effort early on I reckon x

      Delete
  4. Good for you for making such an effort to find new friends and integrate into your new area.
    Loving the sparkly tights and your hair is looking fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helped that we were all drinking wine! I think I might have signed up for the WI too...

      Delete
  5. I really need to get out and socialize a bit more. It's always fun when I do it, but convincing myself to get dressed and head out to a party is a hard proposition. Good for you for doing something fun like that! And you looked really cute doing it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not easy to when you are a shy bird to get on out there and mingle is it, good on you for going though, I hope you enjoyed it.

    I was in a rugby club this weekend for nephew number two's 5th birthday, it was much more rough and ready and the smell from the men's toilets could have felled a camel at 20 paces, kids didn't seem to notice though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous outfits for work, and good for you for going to the yoga class Christmas do, it's not easy when you don't know people that well.
    We've got a couple of parties next week, but we will know lots of folk so that makes it much easier! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome outfit :-) You look so lovely

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...